Hello Beauties! I hope your day is filled with lots of laughter and smiles. A smile, something we do quite often throughout the day. Most adults smile about 20 times per day and children 400! We smile so much but do we truly know how this affects the people around us and ourselves. Here is a TED talk on The Hidden Power of Smiling.
- A recent study at Uppsala University in Sweden found that it’s very difficult to frown when looking at someone who smiles.
- Smiling is contagious and mimicking a smile helps us understand whether our smile is fake or real.
- British researchers found that a smile can generate the same level of brain stimulation as up to 2,000 bars of chocolate. 2,000 bars of chocolate!
- Smiling can help reduce the level of stress-enhancing hormones like cortisol, adrenaline and dopamine, and increase the level of mood-enhancing hormones like endorphins, and reduce overall blood pressure.
- Smiling makes you look better in the eyes of others.
- We give so much power to creams and injections but the first way you can change your appearance is with a smile!
- Smiling can make you look more likable, courteous, and confident.
It’s funny how my first few posts have been more about inner beauty and how you can change your appearance. Remember, all the products will only go so far that if you want life long results you must take a step back and see what you can offer yourself.